Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A Work in Progress by: Bishop E.


I grasp for air
As I struggle to breath.
In a wrestling match with myself
Which makes it difficult for me to believe.

I toss and turn whether awake or asleep
The attack has moved from my heart down to my feet.
Elusively sedated by the momentary mirage of a fantasy
Eyes open, mind racing captured by my present reality.

To summon strength is to look beyond just how I feel
Stagnated by the thought of defeat, I pray not to yield.
I stare up as I look around
As I try to decode the surrounding sounds.

Is there a message or a clue to listen for
In the archives of my mind I enter an open door.
The radiance from this light draws me near
In between there is an image uncertain and unclear.

Determined to conquer the enemy within
Left with my own thoughts and feelings, let the battle begin.
A roar from my soul bellows as the trumpet is blown
My inner man steps forward with a strength unknown.

As I kneel in prayer, my attack mode
My father's instructions begins to unfold.
"Well done! My son, you won't have to fight in this one."

Be still and know that I am your God
Any resistance on your part can prove hard.
Just believe the victory has already been won
Through Jesus Christ my only begotten son.


*The work displayed in Links Not Chains belongs to the authors exclusively and the content reflects the opinions, feelings, and observations of the respective author only. Some of the names have been altered in order to respect privacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment