Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Letter to Carmen By: Dope Boy


Uh Huh! I aint even good with the writin ya dig
I don't even write shit
I just felt I had to write a letter to my godmother
Because me as well my family miss your presents...dis letter is dedicated to you Carmen.

Uh yo
Dear Carmen V
Yea dis is your godson and I just wanna holla
In your memories I all wayz keep your pictures in my closet
Pictures of you on my rack and a fresh pair of Prada's
And you know me, still dat liquor and weed child
And I still got all my drops on speed dial
And everybody won be king now
Niggas aint gotta be nice gettin shot is da thing now
Da family still down there best dis may be a disappointment to you
But I'm separated from da family plus da kid doin a stretch, uh, yea
My tia Jackey's still in it to win it
I aint seen my tio ish a while ago but I aint heard from my bro in a minute
People dats in power is queerz
Yea, it's me your godson and I could go on fa years on how it would be if you were still here
From what I know da game got cheaper, and it's harder fa me to be successful now
Because without you here my hearts alot weaker
And you know me, still got da flow to pop speakers
My first option offence da top features
It's easy being Dope Boy, all I need is a protool set
And I aint get dat money dat I was suppose to yet
Everybody whose somebody shows me respect
Only a matter of time be fa these pigz notice dat
I am da impeccable lyricist
And with all da right mechanic, da kid will take over please be clear of dis
My drops well aware of Dope Boy da light of the city (914)
And I'm all wayz smokin weed no more slippin man dats petite
I got my own planz carry and conduct myself like a grown man
Long as da kid know he nice fuck it I'll be my own fan
Remixed da joints we had yet,
Nobody could ever duplicate your swag (ever)
Meanwhile I'm gone keep it so on my lil planz
And Carmen you gone bump into a few lil manz
Up steppin with God now
Down here Dope Boy in da Bx still reppin you hard
Destiny's so pretty, tonny turned into a grade student
He got a lil darker bu so witty
and on your pass-day I had to get da highest
Santa has a newborn doin her best and she keep her babies da flyest
And being dat you dea
It's only right dat I take a bottle of grey goose to da head
and be fa Dope Boy end it, I'm gone say thanks
Cause not only was your time well spent, but in your memories it was splendid (thanks)
Rest in Peace Carmen
I miss you one love


*The work displayed in Links Not Chains belongs to the authors exclusively and the content reflects the opinions, feelings, and observations of the respective author only. Some of the names have been altered in order to respect privacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment