Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A Beautiful Experience by Bombi


This weekend I experienced the most beautiful and sincere events a convict could receive here in prison. I came to really believe that just cause I'm in jail people don't always look at us any different from a regular 9-5 man. We are men that come from all walks of life full of pain, anger, hatred and if you was to ask me, I would gladly confirm to anyone reading this that life in prison is another world with a different state of mind.

My experiences this weekend was R.E.C (Resident Encounter with Christ). Wow what a experience. There were 6 beautiful women that are women that their lives and daily routines are base on Christ commaments and their stories aren't different from ours, the difference is that they are free. Their also were some gentleman along with these women that never been behind these walls, but their pain, anger and hatred was similar to ours in here, but they found what we lack on, which was Christ.

Prison back then was segregated meaning Puerto Ricans, Blacks and Whites only spoke to their own kind and there was always tension among us, but this past weekend God put us together as one to rejoice his word and put us to listen to one another so we could see that we all share the same exact pain, anger and hatred in our stories.

For alot of years I've suffer and had many loses and opportunities go down the drain cause of my chemical dependency. I've also lost good women in my life due to the denial part of my life and the failure of communication. Today I'm physically incarcerated, but my mind is free cause I no longer have to be ashamed or walk around feeling sorry for myself when all I have to do is kneel and conversate with God. He's the only one with a 24/7 hotline and willing to listen at any given time, but you have to be true to yourself cause if you're not you would only harm yourself.

I want to thank a group of men here in the facility for sharing this remarkable weekend with me and allowing me to realize that even though I'm incarcerated I still have support so thank you: Cano, Hov, Q, 45, J.D., Matt, Scotty, ChiChi, Charlie, Marty, Cadena, and the facility chaplain Mr. Alstine.

So may God bless you all. This was my beautiful experience behind these walls.


*The work displayed in Links Not Chains belongs to the authors exclusively and the content reflects the opinions, feelings, and observations of the respective author only. Some of the names have been altered in order to respect privacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment