Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Day I Found Out- by NC


I remember the day I first saw you get high,
I was watching you through the peep hole and I started to cry,
You always used to tell me you cleaned the needles for your friend,
That he didn't know how and that's the truth- but it wasn't,
I never was sure and decided to find out and what I saw through the peep hole door left me with no doubt,
I was in the room in the closet so I could see every move,
You were sitting on the bed with a needle in one hand looking for a good vein that was your plan,
You had a rope around your arm making the vein swell,
You had trouble finding one it wasn't hard for me to tell,
And when you finally found one you found one near your wrist,
I couldn't believe what I was seeing I was hurt and so pissed,
Those days I saw you nodding you were high it was true,
You were cleaning needles but also using them too,
After your friends left I went back to the room,
And told you what I'd seen,
I said that I loved you- but thought you were clean,
We both started crying and you gave me a big hug,
You said you were sorry but couldn't stop using drugs,
From that day forth I used to watch you shoot dope, with your needle and rope, you made me lose hope,
Even though you got high, in my eyes you were great,
But it was the drugs that decided if we went hungry or ate,
And when I was hungry, you'd go to the store and you'd steal,
I'd be nervous you'd get caught till you came back with a meal,
I remember little gifts like when you gave me that hat,
Those are the days that I'd love to get back,
With the winter gloves you made I could tell that you really loved me,
There was nothing you wouldn't do I could tell when you hugged me,
All the things that you did for me, were done out of love
But you're dead, and I'm alone, because you also loved drugs.


R.I.P 01-09-2000



*The work displayed in Links Not Chains belongs to the authors exclusively and the content reflects the opinions, feelings, and observations of the respective author only. Some of the names have been altered in order to respect privacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment