Tuesday, June 12, 2012

How Could They Reprimand?


Dear Links Not Chains,
I did alot of things in my life, I'm proud of who I am today. I just hope this poem reaches that kid out there that grew up in the hood like me and tells him/her that you're beautiful and pardon my french but them niggas is frontin out there. Rap music, hustlers, everybody. Don't believe the hype. Because if going to jail makes you a "real nigga" ... Why would you want to be one?
Love out to my family,
Hov Balla
Clinton Correctional Facility

I’m not very literal or spiritual.
Try to keep bullshit at a minimal.
Don’t respect subliminals
Locked up … Being held against my will
With a thousand other convicted criminals. 

Charges vary from conspiracy to murda,
And hustlin’ crack rocks and minerals.
Amongst this all … Why do I still stand so imperial?
Feel like the king of my land
A beach to some sand.

But in this environment it can all change!
Then I gotta turn to a fox, to some lamb.
Hurd somewhere knowledge is to understand.
Understanding … but the Judge only remands me.
Is that how they reprimand me?
How could they reprimand me, if they never try to understand me?


*The work displayed in Links Not Chains belongs to the authors exclusively and the content reflects the opinions, feelings, and observations of the respective author only. Some of the names have been altered in order to respect privacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment