Tuesday, February 26, 2013

It's Now Too Late
By: N.C.

Even though I never said it and I hardly
ever hugged you,
Even though we weren't close I hope you
know I loved you,
When you came home in 1981 I know you
tried to finally be a father,
But I never gave you the chance that's
why right now I feel so bad,
When I saw you in the casket in 1994
my heart and soul were filled with pain,
you tried your hardest- I hardly tried,
I'll live with that always in shame,
I wish that things were different and we'd
got to know each other,
We could of been the best father and son,
but that's not how it happen we weren't
talking before you died,
I don't blame you I blame myself I wasn't
trying when you tried,
And when I tried I tried too late you were
back using drugs and back sticking up stores,
I wish I would've took the chance to feel my dad's love,
I'm sorry that I hurt you when all
you wanted was to love me,
I'm sorry that I walked away the last
time you tried to hug me,
I'll never get that chance again dad,
I had it once but let it go,
I made my choice and I regret it now,
more then you'll ever know.

R.I.P.
Dad



*The work displayed in Links Not Chains belongs to the authors exclusively and the content reflects the opinions, feelings, and observations of the respective author only. Some of the names have been altered in order to respect privacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment