Tuesday, February 26, 2013

I Know I Ain't Blind
By: Sica

Manhattan's underwater, 
Queen's is on fire,
Power lines are down,
There's no gas causing riots.
Jails are locked down, inmates stuck and 
worried, 
The first storm was painful, 
Now a second storm is coming.
Wow, 
Look at everybody now, 
Everybody's praying and God's nowhere
to be found.
No shower in weeks, 
Tap water's contaminated, 
Stock markets crashing, 
Who cares about graduation, 
School's have been closed, 
People lost all their clothes,
There's nothing else to do but spend money, 
drink, and smoke.
The Hudson River overflowed, and I saw
car floats, 
I thought I was high, pinched myself, it
ain't a joke.
I saw the towers fall, I was ten blocks
away, 
It seems like the demolition team was trained.


*The work displayed in Links Not Chains belongs to the authors exclusively and the content reflects the opinions, feelings, and observations of the respective author only. Some of the names have been altered in order to respect privacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment