Thursday, October 3, 2013

Guess Who & Guess What

Yes fellow observers its me "Dr. Giraff" the founder of the Zoo. I sincerely apologize for not writing sooner, but so much has been going on and now I'll fill you in.

Thanks to our friends at Bronx Defenders, my lawyer Ms. Mar and a great Social Worker Ms. Harris I am in a substance abuse program. Yes its true I was in jail due to some poor judgement calls. Some of you may say "WOW a doctor in jail?" Well actually I'm a self- proclaimed doctor.

This simply means I was tired of my lifestyle so I decided to work on a cure. So I spoke to my lawyer, Social Worker and judge. Thankfully they worked with me and now I'm working on myself through a process called recovery.

We all make mistakes, but once you fall its about how you get up. Being a Giraff its a little difficult getting back up on all four legs.

However I am not giving up. It all started in the jungle. Not doing anything constructing or dealing with growth caused me to chose negative stuff.

Not only did I end up using drugs I also tried to sell drugs. This dragged me through the mud. A lot of other animals stayed away from me. My family stopped seeing me, they are hard working people so they wouldn't come to my neck of the woods.

Then I got arrested, that's where I came up with the idea to change. Being locked up felt awful, not being able to see family and friends, not being in control of my life.

No eating, the lovely trees, roaming and looking around as I please. Instead I was locked in a building only able to eat what they gave me leaving plenty of time to think about change. Now I am working on my true thinking I'm making changes and growing. I'll share a lot more with you all please check in on me weekly I have a lot to share.

*The work displayed in Links Not Chains belongs to the authors exclusively and the content reflects the opinions, feelings, and observations of the respective author only. Some of the names have been altered in order to respect privacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment