Thursday, October 31, 2013

Broken


By: H.B.

I was raised in a dysfunctional family...
So it's safe to say I was born broken
I am where I am from...
So the truth was spoken firmly
When i say I am the streets.
I am anger, I am pain
I am heartache, I am shame
I am broken...
Too destroyed to fix, too hurt too hate
And too tired to endure the wait
You discarded me battered
She acquired me broken
I entered this world bruised and bloody
Too dependent on consistent pain
It seems to me as if fate has spoken
She discarded me battered
You acquired me broken
I entered this world bloody and bruised
So as the cycle continues to mingle and fuse
Beware of a heart that will rarely open
And remember that I told you...
I was born broken!!!

*The work displayed in Links Not Chains belongs to the authors exclusively and the content reflects the opinions, feelings, and observations of the respective author only. Some of the names have been altered in order to respect privacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment