Thursday, January 30, 2014

Untitled

By: Solo

Hundreds will grow into thousands
Thousands will grow into millions
But the dollar bill is like me
I am but one, yet I am the beginning
You cannot make hundreds, thousands or even a million
Without starting just one dollar.

A grain of sand, a speck of dust
A voice that whispers in your ear
I love, want, and needs you
Is just as great, from a woman's touch

Each day I wake anew
Thinking of the things to do
When out of no where
A smile appears on my face

A vision of your lovely touch
and the gentleness of your lips on mine
leave me caressing your body, so real it seemed
When a strong gust of cold air, woke me
from a beautiful, beautiful dream

With all that has been said and done
and the many miles that separate our togetherness
I continue to repeat each and everyday
I remember a journey to a thousand miles begins with just a single step

*The work displayed in Links Not Chains belongs to the authors exclusively and the content reflects the opinions, feelings, and observations of the respective author only. Some of the names have been altered in order to respect privacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment