Thursday, August 1, 2013

Tears

By: H.B L
6.15.13

Rain, produced by emotional clouds,
From deep within your soul.
A symbol of pain, sadness, and shame.
And from the very start,
A grand tribute, or a broken heart.
A way of mourning what was lost,
A form of release, that doesn't cost.
The trademark, of a battered soul,
A brave heart, now just an open hole.
Constant tears intensify the pain,
Alone with fears, that I am reluctant to tame.
Still I don't judge,
Or hold a grudge,
Mine is a true love, it doesn't budge.
Yet do I retreat, and except defeat?
Because deep within, your love is weak?
Before my eyes, flash all that I fear
The sight of me losing, what I hold most dear
Yet in the end I find the release I seek
In an abundance of tears, parading down my cheeks!



*The work displayed in Links Not Chains belongs to the authors exclusively and the content reflects the opinions, feelings, and observations of the respective author only. Some of the names have been altered in order to respect privacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment