Thursday, August 1, 2013

Distorted Emotions

By: H.B L
6.17.13

Versatile in my ability to feel.
Is it real? 
So many different levels of joy and pain/
Does it sustain or support?
The love that I so deeply sought?
Can I maintain with such an emotional boulder? 
Is it worth the effort?
These feelings that I shoulder?
Am I able to smother this eternal flame?
For events in which I am partially to blame?
How do I begin to heal?
When my heart continues to feel?
and in return continues to break.
Is it that I have earned such a miserable fate?
Do I not possess the will, 
To control the things I feel?
Has the picture been previously painted?
Of a destiny so distinctively tainted?
As a man my world continues to be torn, 
Yet in love my heart continues to be born.
Making happily ever after a far too distant notion, 
Unable to fully blossom due to distorted emotions!


*The work displayed in Links Not Chains belongs to the authors exclusively and the content reflects the opinions, feelings, and observations of the respective author only. Some of the names have been altered in order to respect privacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment