Thursday, August 23, 2012

The Kind of Poetry I Like...-by The Voice

I like poetry with rhythm
and flow
that doesn't conform to the norm
or the status quo
I like poetry that speaks politically
Spiritually
Socially
Psychologically
Scientifically
Realistically
I like poetry
that's non-fiction
that causes friction
that gives a true and accurate depiction
that uses both slang and proper diction
Poetry
that enlightens
that heightens
that educates
that elevates
that argues
that debates
I like poetry
that speaks to the masses
to the upper
the middle
and the lower classes
Poetry that speaks about
freedom- justice and equality
Poetry that doesn't sugarcoat or sellout
no matter who it's against or
what it's about
Poetry that reminds me of Martin
Malcolm
Ghandi
Garvey
Mandella or Muhammad Ali
Poetry
that reminds me of History
that salutes those who personify
courage and humanity
Poetry
that salutes the Martyrs and Heroes
the "Sitting Bulls"
and "Geronimos"
Poetry that hasn't forgotten the action
of Attica
of George Jackson
like poetry
that's Revolution
waiting to happen!!!
Now what kind
of poetry do you like?





*The work displayed in Links Not Chains belongs to the authors exclusively and the content reflects the opinions, feelings, and observations of the respective author only. Some of the names have been altered in order to respect privacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment