Thursday, July 12, 2012

Are They Ever Going Home by NC

Are they ever going home,
The ones with life and 50 flat,
Been locked up for 20 years,
But still got 30 on their back,
The ones in jail for violent crimes,
Like robbery and murder one,
The ones who've done so much time,
For crimes they did while they were young,
Some learned their lesson while others didn't,
The ones that did they want a chance,
To do normal things like shop for clothes,
OR watch a movie or learn to dance,
You might think I'm lying but I'm not,
It's the little things I miss so much,
Like my daughter Alexis that I love so much,
And me I'm doing 5 and 1/2 punk ass years,
For those with life it must be rough,
Now some deserve it to not go home,
With cases of rape and molestation,
Have no regrets for things they did,
And would do it again with no hesitation,
Then there's those who robbed to eat
Like me robbed a man to feed my kids,
Some were addicted using drugs,
Running the streets and acting wild,
But now their older more mature,
They want a chance at normal lives,
To do things they couldn't like me,
To be there with my daughter which,
I don't have no more,
Some are white and some are black,
With one thing in common, their all stuck,
But to the ones with life and 50 flat,
Hold ya'll head- I wish ya'll luck.


*The work displayed in Links Not Chains belongs to the authors exclusively and the content reflects the opinions, feelings, and observations of the respective author only. Some of the names have been altered in order to respect privacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment