Monday, September 30, 2013

"A Destructive Destiny"

My destiny is also my destruction
The abductor of a heart
The destroyer of a soul
The possessor of my thoughts, dreams & hopes
The beneficiary of my love
A fortune in which she has gained
The protector of my pain
For in my hurt she seeks revenge
The torcherer of a man condemned
Her tools are silence & neglect
A loan shark of superficial emotions
Who sees past mistakes as a form of debt
And despite my attempts to make amends
She has finally decided to come and collect
                                             - Hardbody
                                               9-13-2013

*The work displayed in Links Not Chains belongs to the authors exclusively and the content reflects the opinions, feelings, and observations of the respective author only. Some of the names have been altered in order to respect privacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment